07 Apr New Two Step Re-Opening Policies
It won’t be long….the extended intermission will be coming to an end and Miller Outdoor Theatre will once again be home to great free performances! We have made some pandemic related changes…all designed with safety in mind and in full compliance with City of Houston guidelines and rules. We sincerely appreciate your understanding, cooperation and patience as we navigate re-opening together. Please understand that all of the new safety protocols will be strictly enforced.
Before you head to the theatre:
Learn the Miller Two-Step!!
Step #1: Tickets are available online; Step #2: Mask Up!
Tickets are Online!! To provide an extra measure of safety and to improve our ticketing process, you will be able to secure tickets in advance online!! Tickets will be available www.milleroutdoortheatre.com/performance-list/ beginning at 9:00am, one week prior to the performance date until noon on the day of performance.
Mask Up!!! Face coverings/masks are required for all attendees….in the seats and on the hill, unless eating or drinking. All seating will be socially distanced. Seating is extremely limited due to COVID-19 capacity restrictions. Cleaning and sanitizing protocols have been updated along with all the latest disinfecting technologies and compliance with local and CDC guidelines. All ticket holders will have temperatures checked prior to entry to the seated area.
Hill seating does not require tickets but capacity will be limited and controlled. There will be socially distanced specially designated “pods” which accommodate up to 10 people. Everyone must sit inside a pod and once all pods are taken, no more hill seating will be allowed. Face coverings/masks are required on the hill unless eating or drinking.
For 2021, many of the live evening performances will be simultaneously streamed on the Miller website under the Dream Streams tab, Facebook and YouTube. So, if you are not able to secure a ticket or are not quite ready to be in a crowd, you will be able to enjoy the free performances online from the comfort of home.
Those with disabilities needing assistance with seating and those who do not have access to the internet or a printer, or do not have a smart phone, call 832-487-7123 for help with tickets. Tickets can be picked up at the box office beginning 90 minutes prior to performance beginning.
All performing groups have been asked to reduce the size of their ensemble to make social distancing possible backstage and onstage. Although groups may be smaller in size, they will remain consistent in the high quality you have come to expect. Due to size limitations and current restrictions on gathering groups, some productions that you have enjoyed over the years are not able to perform in 2021, but plan to be on the schedule in 2022.
Remember, the seating capacity or other policies could change at any time during the season based on City of Houston and CDC guidelines. www.milleroutdoortheatre.com will have the latest information, so please check frequently.
Are you ready to make some new Miller memories and learn the Miller Two Step? Working together, we can safely return to Miller Outdoor Theatre. We look forward to filling the stage with exciting free productions and to welcoming you back to our favorite venue in the heart of Hermann Park.
- Tickets are now online! No more standing in line! It is no longer necessary to que up in the morning for tickets and then return that evening for the performance. Online access begins one week prior to each performance date until noon the day of the performance. The box office will now open 90 minutes prior to the beginning of each evening performance.
- Seating capacity is limited to meet City of Houston restrictions and social distancing will be strictly enforced. Limit of 4 tickets per person. PLEASE MAKE PLANS EARLY.
- For those with disabilities or those who do not have access to the internet or a printer, or do not have a smart phone, call 832-487-7123 for assistance. Tickets can be picked up at the box office beginning 90 minutes prior to the start of each performance.
- Hill seating will be on a first-come/first-served basis, and will be limited to meet City restrictions. Each designated seating pod will accommodate 10 people and each pod will be safely distanced from the next.
- Because seating on the hill is very limited, we ask that you leave bicycles in one of the nearby bike racks, do not bring dogs or other pets, and remember that there is no smoking OR vaping permitted. Be courteous to those sitting (safely socially distanced) around you. Also remember that glass containers are not allowed.
- Masks are required in the covered seats and on the hill and the mask policy will be strictly enforced. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask or if you don’t want to wear a mask, PLEASE watch performances online from the safety of home. Many evening performances will be simultaneously live streamed to make it possible for those who did not secure tickets or are not able to attend to enjoy the free performances.
- Temperatures will be checked prior to entry to the covered seats and attendees will receive a wrist band to indicate screening has taken place.
- If you have been exposed to COVID19 or are experiencing any signs of illness including cough and fever above 100.4, please do not come to the theatre. Those with symptoms and temps above 100.4 will be evaluated onsite and may be denied entry.
- The season brochure will be available online only. www.milleroutdoortheatre.com
- To maintain social distancing protocols, unoccupied seats will NOT be released at any time prior to the performance beginning. Everyone must have a ticket for entry to the covered seats and you must sit in the seat that you are assigned. No changing seats.
- Concessions will be available, but they are accepting only credit cards. No cash. You may still bring food and beverages to Miller…please remember, nothing in a glass container!
- ALL PROTOCOLS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED