07 Apr New Two Step Re-Opening Policies
It won’t be long….the extended intermission will be coming to an end and Miller Outdoor Theatre will once again be home to great free performances! We have made some pandemic related changes…all designed with safety in mind and in full compliance with City of Houston guidelines and rules. We sincerely appreciate your understanding, cooperation and patience as we navigate re-opening together.
Before you head to the theatre:
Learn the Miller Two-Step!!
Step #1: Tickets are available online; Step #2: Mask Up!
Tickets are Online!! To provide an extra measure of safety and to improve our ticketing process, you will be able to secure tickets in advance online!! Tickets will be available www.milleroutdoortheatre.com/performance-list/ beginning at 9:00am, two days prior to the performance date until noon on the day of performance.
Mask Up!!! Masks are strongly encouraged for all attendees, especially if you are unvaccinated.
Cleaning and sanitizing protocols have been updated along with all the latest disinfecting technologies and compliance with local and CDC guidelines.
Hill seating does not require tickets, but remember, blankets sit to the right of the stage, and lawn chairs sit to the left so that everyone can enjoy the show.
For 2021, many of the live evening performances will be simultaneously streamed on the Miller website under the Dream Streams tab, Facebook and YouTube. So, if you are not able to secure a ticket or are not quite ready to be in a crowd, you will be able to enjoy the free performances online from the comfort of home.
Those with disabilities needing assistance with seating and those who do not have access to the internet or a printer, or do not have a smart phone, call 832-487-7123 for help with tickets. Tickets can be picked up at the box office beginning 90 minutes prior to performance beginning.
All performing groups have been asked to reduce the size of their ensemble to make social distancing possible backstage and onstage. Although groups may be smaller in size, they will remain consistent in the high quality you have come to expect. Due to size limitations and current restrictions on gathering groups, some productions that you have enjoyed over the years are not able to perform in 2021, but plan to be on the schedule in 2022.
Remember, the seating capacity or other policies could change at any time during the season based on City of Houston and CDC guidelines. www.milleroutdoortheatre.com will have the latest information, so please check frequently.
Are you ready to make some new Miller memories and learn the Miller Two Step? Working together, we can safely return to Miller Outdoor Theatre. We look forward to filling the stage with exciting free productions and to welcoming you back to our favorite venue in the heart of Hermann Park.
- Tickets are now online! No more standing in line! It is no longer necessary to que up in the morning for tickets and then return that evening for the performance. Online access begins two days prior to each performance date until noon the day of the performance. The box office will now open 90 minutes prior to the beginning of each evening performance.
- Limit of 4 tickets per person. PLEASE MAKE PLANS EARLY.
- For those with disabilities or those who do not have access to the internet or a printer, or do not have a smart phone, call 832-487-7123 for assistance. Tickets can be picked up at the box office beginning 90 minutes prior to the start of each performance.
- Masks are strongly encouraged. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask or if you don’t want to wear a mask, PLEASE watch performances online from the safety of home. Many evening performances will be simultaneously live streamed to make it possible for those who did not secure tickets or are not able to attend to enjoy the free performances.
- The season brochure will be available online only. www.milleroutdoortheatre.com
- No Late Seating. Unoccupied seats may be released to the public 5 minutes before showtime at management’s discretion.
- Concessions will be available, but they are accepting only credit cards. No cash. You may still bring food and beverages to Miller…please remember, nothing in a glass container!