MARKETING COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Miller Theatre Advisory Board, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that administers grants for the City of Houston to not-for-profit arts organizations that perform at Miller Outdoor Theatre in Hermann Park. Additionally, MTAB presents a number of national and international touring artists/attractions and films at Miller during the performance season. All performances at Miller are presented to the public free of charge.
In addition to the 21-member volunteer board, MTAB has a professional staff of four—Managing Director, Director of Finance and Operations, Director of Advancement and Marketing Coordinator – that directs and administers the Grants and Presented programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing/Audience Development Duties:
- Under guidance of Managing Director, review branding efforts for Miller Outdoor Theatre with focus on development and maintenance of strong web and social media presence.
- Manage direction and content of website. Draft content, update images, calendars and information daily throughout the season.
- Regularly update social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and email newsletters (via Constant Contact) to subscriber lists.
- Prepare marketing collateral related to the season and Presented shows, including brochures, banners, onsite digital marketing messages, email communications, and pre-performance slide shows.
- Liaison with grant recipients to effectively market their performances through MTAB channels. Gather their marketing assets and package them for Graphic Design consultant for easy population of the brochure.
- Liaison with PR, Advertising, and Graphics Design consultants.
- Work closely with Managing Director to market Presented performances on MTAB website and brochure.
Fund Development Duties:
- Assist Director of Advancement with grant preparation, submission, reporting, and acknowledgement of contributions in a timely manner.
- Support all fundraising activities including special events (galas or campaigns) and events related to performances (sponsor events.)
- Coordinate Sponsorship benefits fulfillment.
Clerical Support Duties:
- Provide clerical support to MTAB staff and board members, including meeting scheduling and support; transcription of meeting minutes; document preparation; copying; filing and distributing. Continually update MTAB Meeting Book with meeting minutes, agendas, and other related documents after each board or Executive Committee meeting.
- Answer phone and provide theatre and performance information to the public.
- Maintain multiple database lists: Board, grant recipients, and prospects; fundraising; brochure requests, schools/daycares and day camps. Manage distribution of brochures (twice per season). Distribute information to mailing lists to promote performances.
- Maintain system for tracking grant applications and reports. Assist grant recipients with issues related to the grant process. Gather and organize applications for review by the committee.
- Receive Theatre Event Reports and update attendance information into grant spreadsheets.
- Coordinate catering as needed for meetings and Presented performances, as well as prepare Green Room/meeting space for guests
- Attend all staff and board meetings and events.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Represent Miller Theatre Advisory Board and embody its Core Values.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
Bachelors’ Degree in marketing, communications or related field. Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office, HTML, Adobe and other industry standard design software. Familiarity with Word Press and other website content management systems and donor management software a plus. Graphic design capability and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite a plus. Three or more years’ experience working in performing or visual arts non-profit or marketing/communications setting. Position requires a self-motivated individual with excellent persuasive communication and writing skills and ability to work under pressure. Must be flexible in hours to work evenings and weekends and be prepared to work overtime when necessary.
Salary: Non-exempt, Full Time, 40 hours/week; Commensurate with Experience and Education.
Benefits: Medical/Dental benefits and employer contributions toward 403(b) retirement plan included.
Work Schedule: Mon. – Fri., 8:30am – 5:30pm, and some evenings and weekend hours as required.
Miller Theatre Advisory Board is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.
No phone calls, please.